Saltby Farms are part of the River Eye Catchment Scheme.
The aim of this scheme is to help landowners to:
- Reduce and control track, gateway and soil erosion;
- Reduce sediment and nutrients entering water from crossings and livestock near watercourses;
- Improve livestock and arable yard drainage management to prevent sediment and nutrient contamination of watercourses.
We aim to do this through the installation of:
- Watercourse fencing
- Hard bases for livestock drinkers and feeders
- Livestock drinking trough with associated pipework
- Yard works for clean and dirty water separation
- Piped culverts in ditches
- Resurfacing of gateways
- Livestock and machinery tracks and associated livestock fencing
- Roofing of livestock gathering areas